Things have been going great in Alec’s 2 year old class room at school. They moved up on August 1 and he seems to be enjoying his new room and his new teacher, Mrs. Gina.
Alec brings home an information sheet from school every day that tells what they ate, what they did, how many diaper changes, when they sat on the potty, etc. Well on Friday, his sheet said “I used the potty at 11.” Yay!! They’ve really started sitting on the potty at school a lot these past few days, so hopefully we’ll be getting the hang of it really soon!! I was so excited, we even stopped by Ramey’s on the way home and got some candy for doing so good at school. This is what yesterday’s report said, “Alec loves to flush the potty. Does he do that a lot at home? ((YES!!)) When we ask him why he likes to flush the potty he says ‘I pottied’. So we assume that he is using the potty.” Ha!! I think Alec’s got this game figured out. Go sit in the potty, tell the teacher I pottied, then mom gives me a treat on the way home!! So this morning I made sure and let Mrs. Gina know that if she doesn’t see him tee tee, then he probably didn’t!! If she hadn’t written that on his report, I’m not sure how long his little game would have continued!! Wonder what his report will say today…..
They also only drink from real cups at school now, so no more sippy cups for us! He’s doing good with a real cup and we’ve only had a few spills.
He’s got a new trick that he’s keeping hidden pretty well. I snuck up on him in the living room over the weekend to hear him counting his little cars, “1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!!!” I had absolutely no idea he could count to ten. I’ve heard him say all the numbers in order, but normally he’ll only say a few at the time. Anyhow, I can’t get him to say them all at one time again, but I know he can!!
It’s amazing how quickly he’s picking up new words lately. Last night, he and Harley (the dog) were playing tug o’ war with one of Harley’s soft footballs. Alec got sick of pulling and told Harley, “SHARE, please” Hummm, not sure Harley will ever pick up on that concept, but we’ll see…
He also has wonderful manners!! Dustin was doing situps in the bedroom door way over the weekend and Alec squeezed out between the door frame and Dustin. He says, “Excuse me” as he squeezed by. He also says excuse me every time he or anyone else burps!! He’s got “please” and “thanks” down pat and uses “yes, mam” and “yes, sir” with out being reminded most of the time. Prayers before meals are also a must. He’ll hold his hands out for us to grab and reminds us to say the blessing before every meal. He even thinks we need to say the blessing again if we get 2nds or if someone gets up from the table and then comes and sits down again. I love these things and hope they continue as he gets older!
He knows which books we read at night, Tractor, Llama, Noah, Brown Bear, Turtle, Trucks and Choo Choo are all short names for some of the books we read. He makes sure we read every book before he goes to bed. He likes to sing after we get done with the books and I started singing Amazing Grace a few months ago since it’s a relaxing song that I thought he’d relax to since he didn’t know the words. Well, he’s learned the words and sings along lots of nights. He also likes to sing “Old McDonald” and always says that Old McDonald has a PIG. Guess he likes pigs or he’s not sure what other animal to pick.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment