Dustin and I went to Montego Bay Jamaica two weeks ago and stayed at Sandals Montego Bay for a week to celebrate our 10th Anniversary. It was December 15th, 2011, but it took us a little while to figure out where we wanted to go to celebrate. Wish I could have posted pictures last week but coming back from a week long vacation, more pressing things were stacked up at work and home! We missed our babies so much, but they had a blast staying with Nana and Mimi and I don't think they even realized we were gone! We certainly were glad to get back home to them!! Now for some pictures, LOTS OF PICTURES, but I had a hard time narrowing them down!
We arrived at Montego Bay around lunch, then spent HOURS going through customs before we could get to the restort. The airport was not airconditioned and the lines looked like something from Disney World, snaking around the HOT building! But once we made it through customs, we went to the air conditioned Sandals lounge for drinks and waited for the bus to the hotel! After about 5 minutes we were on our way to the resort!
Riding the bus to the resort!
Our HUGE balcony was only about 50 feet from the ocean, it was beautiful!
There was only 1 other room on the 2nd floor of our building so it was nice to be able to enjoy our balcony without lots of people around! Our room was the door on the left.
I packed a bathing suit and cover-up in my carry on. Dustin had to sweat it out in his blue jeans till our bags finally arrived at the room! ha! He said, "Now I know why you told me to put shorts in the carry on!"
This is how Room Service delivered our breakfast!! We always ordered regular breakfast stuff, plus the Jamaican Breakfast. One morning it was fried fish and something similar to coleslaw! I couldn't handle fish for breakfast but Dustin said it was yummy!
We met a nice couple, Jackie and Daniel from Birmingham the first night and went downtown to do some shopping and visit Margaritaville with them on our second day in Jamaica. Margaritaville was really fun! There are lots of water toys right off of the pier and we had a blast swimming there!
You had to go down this SUPER fast slide to get into the water! The "lifeguard" at the top of the slide quickly told the guys that he works for tips! ha! Needless to say, we didn't go down the slide again!
Daniel splashing in!
Me, Lindsey and Jackie singing Karoke! I'm NOT a singer, but we had fun!! And we won a prize for the WORST singers!! Ha! Dustin said we ran folks out of the bar!!
We were even asked by one of the Host to come sing an encore performance with her!! ha!! So we got to sing TWICE in one night!! Thankgoodness they only had karoke one night while we were there! I definitely couldn't stay up that late every night!
This was the entrance to the resort!! There were beautiful flowers everywhere!! Our butlers would always decorate our room with flowers they cut from around the grounds.
This was called a Pine Tree!
There were CATS everywhere on the resort!! We even saw a Mama Cat carry her tiny baby up into a tree! She had made a little home in a crook in the tree! We kept trying to coax her out of the tree but she wouldn't come back out.
They had peacocks walking around too! This one was at Sandals Royal Carribbean, a resort a couple of miles from ours. We were able to eat and swim at either resort.
This is how we spent most of our time!! Reading and relaxing!
This cat was enjoying dinner with us! Almost all of the restaurants were outdoor and had cats wondering around in them! We are not cat people and didn't love the cats spending dinner with us!
Dustin played golf at Cinnamon Hill at Rose Hall, Jamaica. It was beautiful and I'd love to go back and stay at one of the resorts in Rose Hall! This was our favorite thing we did and I don't like golf!! But I loved riding around looking at everything!
View of the golf course!
Dustin and his caddy!
The Rose Hall Great House was supposedly haunted and was a pretty good tour!
View from the White Witch, another Golf Course at Rose Hall.
We ate Lobster and Goat at this local restaurant called Evelyn's. Sandals didn't have any "local" food, so we asked our taxi driver to take us somewhere he likes to eat! It was delicious!!
After we ate, I was peeping in the kitchen, and this lady was chopping up frozen goat! When the pieces fell on the floor, she'd pick them up and put them back in the pot!! YUCK!! I can't believe we didn't get sick from eating here!!! The food really did taste good!
We had LOTS of trouble with our hot water and took cold showers the first 4 days!! Yes, we screamed and jumped up and down and couldn't get another room!! Probably won't go back to this Sandals again!! Yes, we had a WONDERFUL time, but this Sandals wasn't worth the price. Needless to say, I was taking a cold shower and our butler was calling on our cell phone and I'm hollaring out of the shower for Dustin to answer the phone. I'm already ticked about being in the cold shower, then got out to answer the phone and was looking for Dustin. This is where I found him, he was out on the pier bargaining with the Drug Dealer!! Ha!! These shady looking guys sold big beautiful conch shells stuffed with WEED!! He gave Dustin one and said $70! Thank goodness, the price was MUCH less once the guy removed the weed and just sold us the shell!! ha!
This is the bulding that our room was in.
This tree was so neat, these are the roots and they are braided together in several places. The braids are so old, they've grown attached to each other!
Ready for White Night!
Another one of the local drug dealers!! They can't get on Sandals property, so they just paddle around 10 feet off the beach!
View of the Royal Carribbean Resort from the Private Island, we ate dinner one night on the island.
Dunn's River Falls was COLD!!
On Wednesday, we went to Ochos Rios for Dunns River Falls and swimming with Dolphins! I was expecting one line of people all climbing the mountain. It wasn't quite what I had expected and was way to commericalized. It was like a solid group of people climbing the falls at one time, you could hardly see the falls for all of the people!! A cruise ship was in port and it was PACKED!
There were lots of animals to see at the place we swam with the dophins. Everything was supposedly "free" but the more you tipped, the more pics you got with the animals! Needless to say, we liked the animals and got LOTS of pictures with them!
The man must have liked me because, he kept giving me birds and only put one on Dustin the whole time! ha!
Feeding the bird a sunflower seed!
Dustin's much braver than I am!! I hate snakes!
The dude, snuck this one on me!! I was literally crying and couldn't get it off fast enough!!
Snorkeling wasn't wonderful! Guess that's what you get with "free" watersports! ha!! But I think this is a neat pic! The waves were about 5 feet, so snorkeling was a challange and there wasn't much to see.
Notice the airplane directly over the resort!! These started at 6:30 am and didn't stop until 9pm. You can't even imagine the noise this made!!! Thankfully after the 6:30am one, the next one wasn't until 9am, so we did get to sleep in a little. We even had a sound machine and it didn't even slightly reduce the airplane noise!!
Surprise on the last night from Andrea, our amazing butler!! We had a little cell phone and could call her for anything!! After this experience, paying extra for the Butler rooms at Sandals is well worth the money!
Such wonderful memories!!


























































No comments:
Post a Comment