http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/668/asInline.html

Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Flying Trip to Charlotte, Literally!

Last weekend, the kids and I flew to Charlotte and Dustin drove up from Fort Jackson to spend the Easter weekend together!  It was the kids first flight and I'm not the most comfortable person in an airplane either...  BUT, we all did GREAT!!  I am pretty sure that's the best my kids have ever been at sitting still that long!  We packed lots of candy, games, stickers, books, etc, etc, etc!!  Our day started EARLY, when my alarm when off at 2:45, I was thinking, I must have been CRAZY to have booked a 7am flight out of New Orleans!!  I got dressed and took the kids straight from their beds to the car and we were in the drive way by 3:15 am.  Of course, I stepped on Alec's toe and we had a mini meltdown before actually getting in the car.  When I woke Kaleigh up, I think she thought it was morning, she was a trooper and stayed awake for the first 20 minutes of the ride to New Orleans.  As soon as we pulled into the parking lot at the airport, still only 5:15am, their eyes both popped open and they were super excited!! 

Their first sight of a plane!  You can kinda see it out there in the dark.  Alec says, "OH MY GOSH!!!"  Notice, Sis is still in her PJs! ha!

He looks like Fievel from American Tale in this picture!  He got to put on the pilot's hat and thought it was so cool!

Everytime we got on a plane, they asked if he wanted to go up in the cockpit.  Delta went over and beyond to please the kids!  We even got cookies on the plane, I can't remember the last time I got anything other than a drink!

Sis was concerned with the seatbelts.  Poor thing, I hated to dissapoint her but she had to sit in my lap.

First Flight!

By the time we got to Charlotte, after stopping in Atlanta for 2 hours, this momma was WORN OUT!  Yes, I paid $4.00 to rent a luggage cart and drive it about 100 yards to the rental car van.  2 kids, 2 backpacks, 1 suitcase and a booster seat were a little more than I could handle!  I actually saw someone that brought their wagon to the airport, we WILL be doing that next time!

Finally at the hotel, Sis was sure the mini fridge and microwave was her own little kitchen, she cooked EVERYTHING!  Dolls, cups, drinkboxes, candy, we cooked it ALL!

Alec was most excited about the indoor pool!  While we waited for Dustin to get to the hotel we went for a swim.  No Pictures of that... I kinda had my hands full with a semi - swimmer and a non- swimmer that thought she was Michael Phelps in the pool! 

YAY, finally Daddy's here!

They didn't leave his side the entire weekend!

I was almost certain we would tear the curtains down before Sunday!  They played LOTS of hide and seek in the curtains!

Sis just got in a few naps where ever she could!

Kaleigh got to go see her first movie too!

Ice cream break with Dad in the middle of the mall!

This little girl loved spending the weekend with Dad!

Snuggling on Dad at dinner!  She ALWAYS sits by me at dinner, but not this weekend, she ate by Dad at every meal!

Our hotel was by the Charlotte nascar track, so we had to go peek in through the fence.  Of course, Alec wanted to know where the cars were!


Sweet Angels!

Even the Easter bunny came to the hotel!


Look!!  That was her word of the weekend!  I heard "Look, Look, Look" at the airport, hotel and everywhere else we went.  She really had fun and was the best traveler!


More Hide and Seek!

We got really creative!  Of course, coat hangers can be a bow and arrow!

Easter Sunday in the airport!

Humm, I'm not so sure how to rate an Easter lunch picnic from Wendy's between to rows of chairs on the floor in the airport!  The littlest one may have even got some gum for dessert out from under a chair!!  UGHHH!!  Flying with two little ones is certainly a challenge, but at least it's a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment