http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/668/asInline.html

Monday, April 2, 2012

Ten Months


Our sweet princess is ten months old today!!  I can't believe in two more months we'll be celebrating a first birthday.  Lots of things to share since our 9 month update!!  Most importantly, Kaleigh is FINALLY sleeping through the night on a consistant basis for the first time since she was born!!  Dustin had the idea that we put a larger throw in her crib and tuck her in tightly at night.  We  used to do this with Alec and he was always a great sleeper.  Needless to say, the first night, she slept through the night and hasn't looked back since!!  Whew, what a relief!  I wonder what whould have happened if we would have done that six months ago! ha!  Oh well, at least we're all getting some much needed sleep now!

She's also gotten one tooth on the top and I think several more will be coming pretty quickly!  She's 18.6 lbs and wearing a size 9 month clothes.  She seems really big to us, just look at her chunky legs, but she's one of the smallest in her class! 

She is standing up easily by herself and walking around holding on to things pretty well!  We're expecting her first steps anytime now.  She just can't quite get brave enough to let go!

We had a pretty major throw up (YUCK!!) in her infant seat last week, so I went ahead and moved her to a Big Girl Car Seat!  She loves it and seems much more comfortable than she was in her infant seat!  She is certainly a better car rider now!


Uh Oh!!  She's mastered the stairs!!  Our bonus room is the only thing upstairs, so we don't use the stairs on a regular basis.  Alec pretty much stayed off of them when he was a baby, but we might have to put up a baby gate for this Monkey Girl!  She was scaling them in a hurry this morning!

She's crawling all over the house now and it's so fun watching her crawl after us!  We have to watch because if the door is left open, she's crawling outside!  She LOVES the outdoors!

She LOVES to eat Big Girl food and will eat anything we are eating.  We've yet to find anything she doesn't like.  I think her favorite food is spaghetti!  She gobbles it up by the handful!  She feeds herself and will eat as much as we'll put on her plate.  I think she eats as much or more than Alec does at most meals!  Alec better watch out, she might soon be bigger than him!

She was so happy this morning when I took these pictures, but things went down hill in a hurry.  At lunch, her teacher called me to come get her and she'd gotten a fever and was feeling pretty bad.  I took her to the doctor, but they think it's just a little fever bug since she checks out fine everywhere!  Hopefully it'll be a quick one and she'll better really soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment