http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/668/asInline.html

Friday, February 19, 2010

Flashback Friday - Happy Birthday!!

Today's my 28th birthday, so I thought I would share some pictures from my childhood birthday parties.  These were always so much fun!!  My parents were game for going just about anywhere I wanted to go with my friends.  Guess that's one of the perks of being an only child....

Neighborhood kids at a party on the back porch at our house in Lake Serene.

Party at the Petal Skating Rink!

Pool party after we built our pool at Lake Serene!! 
This birthday must have been held  during the summer!  I hope we weren't swimming in February!  I don't even recognize all of the people in this picture.  See if you can help me fill in the blanks. 
L to R:  Heather, ____, ____, ____, Molly, _____ (the person in front of Nat), Natalie, me, Dana, _____ and Lindsey

We are a little older, but this looks like another skating party!

This was a fun party, I took got to take lots of friends to our camp in Bay St. Louis for one night.  I remember my daddy coming in during the night and telling us that if we didn't get quite and go to sleep, he'd make us sleep in the truck! ha!

A sleep over at our Lake Serene house.
Dana, what were you looking at??

For this birthday trip, my parents took several of us to the Global Wildlife Center in Louisana.  It was so much fun, we rode in a wagon and were able to feed the animals out of cups!  I can't wait to take Alec here!

One of my last "Friend" parties.  We had to be 15 or 16 here?? 
My parents took all of us to New Orleans for the day.

Today's my 28th Birthday and we celebrated last night with a family birthday dinner at mom's house!!  Here are a few of the fun pics!

Alec helping me open presents!! 
I got a great new pink umbrella from Grandmother and Papa Don!


Playing Hide and Seek with Uncle Grant!

Cousins!

Four Generations on both sides at the birthday!

So Alec wasn't so happy about the "cool" glasses!

What would a birthday be without sharing some cake with Harley!


A great end to a wonderful night reading with Aunt Sissie!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Michelle! It's funny to see a picture of myself that I have never seen before :) Enjoyed all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great bday! Loved looking at those old pics. I remember your party at your camp! I'm not positive, but the person in front of Nat looks like Amanda Carter?? The third person from the left (2 after me) is Catherine MacNeil. Weird that I remember that, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog! We really did get to do alot of fun things when we were kids. Parties at the camp were always the best. Remember when I was running around in my bra downstairs for some reason and Brandon and his cousin Jeremy snuck up on us??? I was mortified.

    That pool pic-Wasn't that girl beside the girl in the goggles Amy Kelly? And that girl to the right of me was Lindsey Lowery, remember?

    I love the pic on the floor at the camp where you are just in your panties! I don't think you ever slept in pants for that matter! I had forgotten about that Angela girl. I wonder where they are now?

    In that zoo pic, what are those matching shirts that Leanne and Miki had on? They are terrible but I remember that I had one too.

    Oh yes, and the New Orleans trip. Remember how ya'll all got VIRGIN strawberry dauquiris?? And remember that I of course did not like strawberry so your dad got me a banana one and forgot to say VIRGIN, so mine was real? I remember he tasted mine when I was almost done and almost had a heart attack. He made me promise not to tell Lib!!! ha ha!

    I was telling Nick the other day about out boat seats with seatbelts and fans that that we had in the back of the truck and how we thought that that was completely normal!! Also was telling mama and nat about when we tried to go to six flags and we kept passing the road and your dad said "Manuever and we did a U turn in the middle of a 6 lane highway in Atlanta. So fun!

    My personal fave either when that little dog of Mr. Hart's nipped your nose and you had a complete melt down or when you cried at Applebee's becuase the waitress told us how pretty I was!!! Or maybe the boat trip where we got into Hurricane Katrina round 1 and your mom broke her tooth! Or when I wrapped you up in the swing thing and you got the worst rope burn EVER!

    Good times! I hope our kids get to have as many adventures as we did!

    One last one "Honey Your Hair!"

    Love,

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a joy to remember these happy times.
    I'm thankful we still share our lives and can make more happy memories with Alec.

    My comments pale in comparision to Dana's, but your blog brings me much pleasure and smiles.

    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete