Here’s my conversation with Alec on the way home from school yesterday:
Me: What do you want for your birthday?
Alec: Sucker
Me: What else do you want for your birthday?
Alec: Cake
Me: What else do you want for your birthday?
Alec: Riley
Me: What else do you want for your birthday?
Alec: Brumm-Brummm
Me: What else do you want for your birthday?
Alec: Tractor
Sounds like pretty easy birthday requests!! I can’t believe my baby will be two tomorrow!! I hope he has a blast at his Mickey Mouse swim party this weekend!!
Since I wasn’t yet a blogger when Alec was born on July 8, 2010, I think I should share our baby story. Here goes:
At my 38 week doctor appointment on Thursday July 3rd, Dr. Kot (my wonderful OBGYN) says for us to check in to labor and delivery the next Tuesday, July 8th. Oh my, I wasn’t expecting him until July 14th but she was on call that day and it was a long hot summer and we would have the weekend to finish up getting the house ready. I even went to work for a full day on Monday, July 7th!!
We got up early Tuesday morning and checked into the hospital around 6:30am. I was told they didn’t have a room ready so we’d have to wait a little. Shortly after that, Mimi, Nana and Paps arrived at the hospital for the long day of waiting with us. Around 8, I finally got to my room. Dr. Kot was on call that day, so she came in to break my water and gave me my epidural around 9:30 or so. That was fine with me, I felt no need to feel anykind of pain and certainly didn’t want her to get busy and not have time to come do it later! Then we waited and waited and waited. I was in loo loo land and slept for the majority of the day, so I don’t have much to tell about how the middle of our day went. Seemed like it went pretty fast to me, but I’m sure it was a long day for those who were waiting. Finally about 9pm I was fully dilated and we thought for sure that Alec would arrive soon!! My nurse’s name was Matti and she didn’t care much for my screaming and kicking during labor and kept telling me to be still and breathe!! Hello lady, I was in PAIN. Alec was turned sideways and was having major trouble coming out. Matti tried her best, but could not get him to turn. I was having terrible back labor and literally thought he was coming out of my back!! I think Matti called the nurse’s station about 10 times for Dr. Kot to come to the room. If I had heard the nurse’s station tell her one more time that she was doing a tubel and couldn’t come yet, I think I would have checked out in the middle of labor and went to Wesley!! Finally, around 10:45 Dr. Kot came to my rescue. She easily turned Alec into the right position and with a couple more pushes and the help of her vacuum, at 11:00 pm our 8 lb 10 oz angel finally arrived!!




Happy Birthday to Alec!!! Have fun at your party :)
ReplyDelete