I am definitely the “saver” and not the “spender” in our house!! Needless to say, a month or so ago, I got a bonus at work so I decided it was time to buy Alec’s big boy furniture. I’d be paying cash for my “big” purchase. Alec had slept on a full over twin bunk on our last vacation and loved it, so I started hunting. Well being my money saving self, I picked one out at Walmart.com (don’t laugh) along with the matching dresser and ordered them!! First of all, they came in huge boxes with about 1 million pieces. That was fine, I’d gotten a deal! Right?!? We were very happy with the bunks, except for the fact that the top bunk wasn’t quite high enough and it was a little claustrophobic while laying on the bottom bunk! I loved the color and Alec thought they were cool. However, from the get go, the dresser was definitely not top grade material. More like the cheap material that you get from Walmart computer desks… One of the back legs was a little loose from my arranging the furniture, but I thought it’d be fine, I got a deal so it didn’t matter!! We’ll Alec’s room is now completely done as of two weeks ago and he’s loving it!! Mimi came over yesterday and wanted to plug in Alec’s light up aquarium on top of his dresser. As she scooted the dresser out to plug it in, two of the legs completely collapsed!! Whoops!! Dustin comes into the bedroom, fit to be tied that I bought “WALMART CRAP”. He’s the spender in our family, but I must admit, this wouldn’t have happened had he been the one that picked out the furniture. Needless to say, over much contemplation over how in the heck we were going to return a dresser to Walmart, the dresser and the BED are in the back of the truck and we’re meeting at Walmart shortly to get a refund. I was happy with the bed, but I don’t think I’ll find a dresser that I think matches enough. We’ll be going to a real furniture store this time and getting some furniture that will last!! I’m sure this story isn’t over, as I can’t imagine what kind of ordeal it’s going to be when we pull up with a truck load of furniture at Walmart and ask for a refund!! So if you happen to be at Walmart tonight, please ignore the rednecks that are returning the truckload of furniture….. To be continued!
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The room looked so precious and I thought, well, let's plug in the light for the finising touch!
ReplyDeleteOh,man! (as Alec says) was Mimi shocked when the legs collapsed!
Oh no! I hope they return it no problem and that you find just what you're looking for. You accountants... that's all I'm going to say :) However; after 14 yrs together, Aaron is FINALLY rubbing off on me... a little :) Like Kenadie's furniture from Ashley's. Congrats on the baby girl! You will have so much fun with her :)
ReplyDelete