http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/668/asInline.html

Monday, September 26, 2011

Baptism Sunday

Kaleigh was baptized at church on Sunday. She did wonderful and even gave us several smiles during the ceremony. We were delighted to have all of our family at our church for her special day!! We even had everyone to our house for lunch after church.




I searched high and low for the “perfect” dress. I had purchased one that I really liked, but it wasn’t quite what I was looking for. So mom dug out my old baptism dress and I had it dry cleaned and it turned out beautiful!! It is a long white dress with angles embroidered down the front. The hem is also embroidered all the way around with this verse from Psalm 91:11, “God shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.” I couldn’t have been more excited with her dress and hope that maybe one day my granddaughter will even get to wear it!! P.S. Don’t tell Dustin that I wasted $48.00 on the other dress. Whoops, but it was nice to have a back-up dress, just in case! Ha!



Here’s a funny from Alec. He stood up at the alter with Kaleigh, Dustin and I for the baptism ceremony. He was standing so still and doing everything he was supposed to do, but I made sure to keep a close eye on him, I was just waiting for him to start playing with my dress and show the congregation my undies!! But thank heavens, he kept his hand to himself. When we got back to our pew, he was asking what they put on Kaleigh’s head. I told him she was baptized. I could tell, he was still thinking about it and a few minutes later, he says, “Why did they put hand sanitizer on Kaleigh’s head?”

No comments:

Post a Comment