Last weekend, was my family’s annual trip to the beach! We stayed at a nice house in Fort Morgan this time. Lynn went along with the kiddos and I because it was Dustin’s first two days at his new job in Laurel so he couldn’t take off and go with us. Grandmother and Papa Don, Aunt Sissie and Uncle Treless, Arthur, Sonya and Cousin Will, Mimi and Papa and Mr. and Mrs. Bullock all made the trip with us!! We had LOTS of fun!!
Alec absolutely LOVED the beach, ocean and pool this trip, I cannot even begin to describe the fun my sweet boy had. He constantly wanted to be on the beach. He dug to China, fished with his fishing rod, ran, jumped and swam till he was pooped every day. He and Papa even flew their kites together a few times.
Kaleigh did great too and would fall asleep almost everytime she went out on the beach! She did good sleeping, only getting up her normal once a night to eat and waking up the ENTIRE house every night because I couldn’t get her bottle quick enough! She’s such an easy going baby and spent lots of time just laying on the couch talking to everyone.
Lynn and I spent one morning catching crabs on the beach and ended up with a garbage pail full of them. Believe it or not, no one wanted to go to the trouble of cooking the crabs, so they were all released, with only a few casualties! Ha!! Dustin’s family wasn’t much on beaches before they met us, so crab catching was a first for Nana! There were LOTS of stingrays hiding in the sand too, so I was giving Lynn a lesson on digging up crabs but not stingrays, needless to say, I was digging after what I thought was a shark in the sand but turned out to be a stingray and I just knew he was after me! I ended up soaking wet in my pjs, trying to get away from it!! My body was moving much faster than my legs at that point and everyone watching got a good laugh!
Alec and I also raced Uncle Art at the go-cart track! We won by a long shot!! Art says his car was a dud but really, I think it was my driving that beat him!! Ha!
We also celebrated my Grandmother’s 86th birthday on the 17th, along with Sonya and Mrs. Jeanette, who also have September birthdays!! We’re already looking forward to celebrating her 87th birthday on the beach next year!! My Grandmother is such a fun lady, she had temporary butterfly tattoos on her neck, leg and arm, just trying to get a rise out of someone. I kept trying to figure out what it was and I said I know my Grandmother doesn’t have any tattoos! So funny, she said that was just the reaction she was hoping for.
On the trip home, I decided it would be fun to take the ferry back to Mobile since we were all the way at the end of Fort Mortgan, close to where it picks up from. I’m a HUGE planner when it comes to car trips with the kids, as anyone who has kids can relate too. So, I checked the website and saw that the Ferry left Fort Morgan at 9:30 am. So, we’d leave the house a little after 9 to be just in time for the Ferry. Needless to say, it came time to go home Sunday morning and we were all ahead of time and left the house shortly before 9. Well, we were the second car to pull up at the Ferry place and I could see the Ferry in site! GREAT!! I kept looking and the Ferry was going in the opposite direction. Hummm, not good! Needless to say, the schedule had changed and it only ran every 1 ½ hours instead of every 45 minutes. So after waiting for 1 ½ hours, the ferry FINALLY came back to get us. I had anticipated this being a relaxing cool ride back to Mobile and the kids could get out of their car seats and enjoy. Not so much!! The boat went so slow and NO breeze so it was HOT. Needless to say, I DO NOT recommend this. Due to my “great idea”, I successfully turned our ride home from a 3 hour to a 5 hour trip! Lovely with a 3 month old!! Ha!
Here are LOTS of fun pictures from our fun beach getaway!!
First Mommy/Kiddo Beach Walk
(Kaleigh smiled for the first couple of pics, then she feel sound asleep!!)
Smilin' Sister
We loved having Nana with us!
Her serious face!
Alec and Will wrestling with Uncle Treless! I think the little ones won!
So happy they can finally share Grandmother time together!!
Our "catch of the day"!
WAVELINK
The kite fliers!
And poor Papa with his cane, he's getting total knee replacement next week and we hope he feels 100% better!
Look at his tan, even with SPF 50!!
One of the many "jelly beans" as Alec called them!
Will napping with Mimi2!
Love this pic!! Look at Brother in the background!!
He didn't want to stop for pics!!
Loving Nana!
Taking a beach walk with Aunt Sissie and Molly!
He loves to chase seagulls!
The Martin Family!
This is what she LOVES to do!
His minnows. They went to "sleep" and he was really hoping they'd wake up! ha!
Uncle Treless and Alec being SILLY!
So thrilled to have William Andrew Martin with us!
Can't believe they'll be in the same grade!
Mimi and Nana to the rescue!
Sealy beach pic!
Splashing with mom!
LOVE IT!
Checking out another "jelly bean"! AGGHH!
Classic Mimi face as Alec bites the dust! ha!
Birthday Party Girls!
Sweet Brother and Sis!
One of the MANY attempts at a family pic!
Literally NONE of this pose turned out! ha!
Alec loves Grandmother!
$50 for matching kiddo outfits and this is the best pic I got! ha!
Shopping at the "SHARK" store!
Looking for the ferry!
Kaleigh slept for the ferry ride!
Exploring the ferry!
FAMILY BEACH TRIP 2011



No comments:
Post a Comment