Well, I have to admit, I doubted my husband this weekend. He bought a new boat a few weeks ago and told me last week that we were going to take it to the pond on his parents property in Ellisville to run it over the weekend. My thoughts were, there is no boat ramp in Ellisville, so I'm sure this will be an adventure. Then he tells me that he planned to put the boat in the water using the new 4-wheeler! Oh, No!! All I could envision were both the boat and the 4-wheeler at the bottom of the pond. We'll here are some pictures from our first ride in the new boat.
Jimmy, Dustin, Alec, and Adam trying to figure out where would be the most reasonable place to try to back the boat off into the pond. Seriously, we're just going to back it off in there?!? I remember my daddy trying this at our camp before our boat ramp was competely finished and several 4 wheel drive trucks ended up having to be chained together to pull the boat out of the water.
Minutes later.... I was proven wrong, of course, I should always trust my hubby!! The boat is in the water with no problems at all, backed it right in, although, we did end up having to use the truck and not the 4-wheeler. Apparently, the boat wouldn't hook on to the 4-wheeler correctly.
Off we go!! I must admit this high speed, 27mph, ride in the pond was a bit exciting!! This is me, Alec, Mandi and Dustin in the boat. Mandi and I were both hoping the boat had a kill switch as Dustin was RACING from one end of the pond to the other to see how fast the boat would go. Yep, 27mph is it, I was the offical GPS speedometer reader!
Before we left Ellisville, Alec got to try on some of his daddy's old cowboy boots!!
What would a weekend be without some play time with our favorite neighbors!!
Is this child spoiled or what?? Sunglasses and a DVD player in the car!! And boy does he get mad when his batteries go out!! I need a charger for the car, fast!!
I love taking pictures and Dustin bought me a Canon Rebel T1i for Christmas. So today, I took some pictures of my cousins, Arthur and Sonya for them to use in the book they are putting together for their adoption. Some of them turned out pretty good, so I thought I'd post a few on here.












Tell your hubby to please not show his new boat off to Glen..he is wanting a new one so bad! (lol) you take great pictures...might need to get you to take some of kailee for me..hard to believe that she is almost 1 year old.
ReplyDelete