Don't worry, no birds were harmed in the making of this blog! After we put him back into the flowerbed, he takes off down the hill towards the road like a lightening bolt with Harley on his tail once again. Harley caught a glipse of the momma bird across the road and took off after her while Alec and I are still helping the baby. I caught the little bird again and this time put him up in a tree so he'd be safe from Harley!
Another little friend!! Agghh!! Thankfully, this one ran back in the bushes before Harley or Alec spotted him. We must have a nest of babies that are trying to fly in our flower bed! I sure do hope they all learn to fly very soon!
After dinner, we went back outside to check on our little bird friends again. Well, the one in the tree had escaped and was running down my neighbor's driveway.
Alec is constantly saying, "Tweet, Tweet" during this entire adventure!
Mom and Alec after the bird hunt!
After dinner, Alec and Harley thought it would be a good idea to dig some old food out from underneath the oven with a spoon. I told them that was nasty, but did they listen to me? No!!
"Guess we shoulda listened to mom!
This marshmellow is GROSS!!"
One more thing from this week, Alec took his first "Big Boy" nap on the couch this week. I think this is the first time he's napped anywhere other than his crib or his mat at school since he was an infant. We came in from playing and he snuggled down to watch Dora with a blanket and his juice and the next thing I knew, he was sound asleep!
CHEESE!!










What an exciting adventure. He is such a cutie!
ReplyDeletePoor little birds! Glad you were able to rescue them....Your little one amazes me at how big he is getting...i know he must keep you on your toes... :-)
ReplyDeleteYou have such exciting adventures - even more funny to read than when you called me during the action. I don't see how you get anything done with Harley AND Alec. But, if you're just having fun, that's a great thing!
ReplyDelete